Exquisite Corpse (4pts):
-The purpose of this assignment was to create a person out of different body parts. I create this person using a combination of 7 people’s body parts: including my sister (Karina’s face), friends (Corrie’s torso, Teagan’s arm, and Brittany’s leg), teammates (Purity’s arm and Jenna’s leg), and myself (half my face). I created this in Paint on my laptop using Paint which lowered the quality of the pictures themselves so I apologize for that it was the only way I could think to do this assignment.
To collect these pictures my roommate and I took a walk around Melchers and the Library finding many design concepts. Although I did not find an example of metaphors/symbols, rhythm, dominance, and unity, I did find the following:
- Color- The use of the color pink on top of the black and gray catches the eye making it an effect use since it pops off the page.
- Typography-Though not entirely made up of words, this poster is a very interesting use of the concept typography since it also adds the element of color with lines. I am not sure what this poster is about but the painted words make me want to learn more about it.
- Minimalism & Use of Space- With just 4 colors (white, black, purple, green) Mark Rothko created this beautiful piece. It is just sectioned blobs of color this is located in Melchers.
- Form/ Function/ Message- By Melchers, A sign to tell people to do their part and throw their trash away in the correct places. This is only partially affective since it is hard to read though the picture itself is pretty clear.
- Balance- The ITCC flags located on the light posts use rotational balance perfectly. It is simple and not over whelming to the eye.
- Proportion- Not quite sure on what this was suppose to accomplish though it shows distorted proportions clearly with a big headed child.
Cartoon You (3.5 pts):
The following is a a cartoon picture of Shadow created with Paint as well as the Clyde filter on flickr to make him look transparent. Using lunapic.com I added the comic book style effect to the final picture of shadow. In this picture he is in out for a stroll through an alley. He is his favorite shape of a man with a hat and trench coat.
Step 1: Paint, Create Shadow
Step 2: Add Filter
Step 3: Add Comic Book Style Effect
Bumper Sticker (3.5 pts):
Shadow’s motto is ” Everything is for the Taking” he definitely lives by what he preaches though he likes to be funny sometimes. The following is the bumper sticker on the back of his car, “Everything is for the Taking (except this car, this is mine).” When he designed it he only placed a few colors to keep it simple.
Bad Guy Business Cards (2pts):
-The following is Shadow’s business card for his side job. Only cause he is a big shot doesn’t mean he doesn’t like to make a little money on the side being an entrepreneur. Give Shadow a call if you need help getting something back. He deals with stealing on a regular basis so trust me he won’t get caught meaning you get what you want.
Laptop Lingo (2pts):
– I love this idea to create your own laptop skin, I created mine on My Custom Skin. I was inspired by my passion for soccer, I have played all my life and on my second love, computers, what could be better! I used a picture of a soccer ball painted with water colors because I love the look of splattered/blended colors and why not put 2 beauties together to create on piece of art.